Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"K is For Killer"

"K is for Killer" by Sue Grafton is the 11th book in the Alphabet series.
Kinsey Millhone is called upon to investigate the death of a young woman after her mother receives an unwelcome item in her post.

I continue to find reading Sue Grafton's work an easy pleasure. For me, it is like reading a modern version of Agatha Christie. The writing is crisp and, to be honest, a no-brainer. Of the books in the series that I have read to date, this was the least enjoyable. Not because of the writing, but because the plot didn't draw me in as much as the others. The end came quickly and the *baddie* was outed in a vaguely unsatisfying way. As it stands, just a little less than a week after finishing the book I can't tell you what the culprit's motive was.

On the whole, I'd give this a 2 out of 5.


No comments: