Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Dragonvarld Series - Margaret Weis

This series includes the following books:

  1. Mistress of Dragons

  2. The Dragon's Son

  3. Master of Dragons


I was looking for something light and adventurous, along the lines of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman's previous series.
I have to say I was disappointed.
I made it through the entire series, simply because I wanted to see where the author went with the story. But the entire plot line was pretty weak and not backed up in any great way with a "grab-you-by-the-throat" writing style.

I can't say that I felt any connection with the characters presented, perhaps with the exception of one. But even then, it felt peripheral and when I thought he had been killed off I was not disturbed by it; I simply wondered how the author was going to craft a conclusion without him.

All in all, I would say this was a disappointment in most departments.

My rating: 1 out of 5

No comments: