Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A browsing I shall go

I was visiting one of my Flickr regulars the other day and something made me click on one of the commenters. That took me on a little journey of discovery through the wilds of Flickr and out into the broad daylight of the internet too. Here is what my expedition unearthed along the way.

Take a visit to this photographic professionals website, I am particularly taken with the travel photographs. Her portraits from Tibet are wonderful, and if anyone can tell me what the third photo on the Morocco page is I would love to know. I'm not sure if it is vats of dye or spices.

Then there is Flickr stream from Malona. Amongst my favourites here are:

And then there is this wonderful site about kilts. No not the traditional tartan thing that you see when the Edinburgh Tattoo is shown on TV around Christmas time. These are practical items, almost too good to use. Be warned though, there is video on the front page, with funny Mockumercials for the company's product.
As for the products themselves, I love the modesty system as seen on the Survival Utilikilt, and I think the Jean cut would make great street wear for the brave. And I am also enamoured with their blunt communication style...

“FAT BASTARD TAX” and "BEER GUT CUT" as two examples. For more gems of the same quality and attitude, take a glance through the FAQ page.

Finally there was the stopover at How to Meditate. A bit of peace at the end of a wander about the 'net. And for those who have been following the Renovations of our house, you will know just what a wonderful temptation it is to think about meditating. As the Why Learn to Meditate page says:
If we train in meditation, our mind will gradually become more and more peaceful, and we will experience a purer and purer form of happiness. Eventually, we will be able to stay happy all the time, even in the most difficult circumstances.

It is fair to say that engaging builders would fall into the "most difficult circumstances".

Happy browsing everyone.

    2 comments:

    Traveller said...

    Hi Ms OWW.
    The Morocco photo is from the tannery works in Fez. Very famous tanning and dyeing vats that have been in existence for 1000s of years there. All done by hand still...

    http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-31/fez-tannery-above.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fez,_Morocco

    Cheerio!

    ohwailywaily said...

    G'day Traveller,
    Nice to see you here.
    I should have known that you would know exactly what and where this was. What a fantastic place, and amazing that it has been going for so so long. Thanks for the link to the other photographer's imagery. I was particularly taken with the cat. :)

    It is also interesting to see the great difference in colour between the images taken by Tina Su and Declan McCullagh.

    *Hugs*