Monday, December 17, 2007

Photography Challenge I - Still Life

I've decided that I need a bit of motivation.

I'm a snapper in photographic terms. I point and click, hopefully not cutting off anyone's head in the process. But I love looking at great images.
I'd really like to take some great photographs, but I don't want to invest the sort of money that DSLRs and photo editing software costs before I know that I will be able to make the most of the technology.
That's the frugal Scots person in me joining forces with my inner Mother to control the overly-exuberant child who wants the toys NOOOWWW, despite showing no actual talent or stick-to-it-iveness with the hobby.

So, in order to begin the appeasement process, I have decided to launch a once-a-month photographic challenge for 2008.
I'd love for you to join in, if you have the time and inclination.

This first challenge will be an extended six week challenge, since it is about half way through the month already, and I don't need to be adding extra deadlines around Christmas time.

The challenge is to take a still life photograph or photographs that I am particularly happy with. I will then post them on the blog and if you want to crush my spirits, feel free to give me constructive critical feedback. Ouch, that's going to hurt. :lol:

If you want to join in you can either post a link to your own blog entry here in my comments, or put a link back to this post in your own entry.

I'll see you back here on the first posting in February.

5 comments:

nzdave said...

I'll do my best to keep an eye out for your efforts and provide some feedback. I may even join you in a shot or two :)

Like you've pointed out - should you decide to venture into the world of DSLR's you can find yourself laying out a lot of capital, so kudos to you for trying it out first :)

Merry New Year to You, Here Come The Goals « Oh Waily Waily said...

[...] consistently from now on; Follow through with twelve months of photography challenges; Finish Noah’s Ark; Finish Fantasy Triptych; Finish Angel [...]

Welcome « OW Photography said...

[...] good photographs is more than just one aspect (portraiture) and therefore I have started 2008 with a photography challenge for [...]

A New Waily Blog « Oh Waily Waily said...

[...] perhaps get some feedback on what I can do to improve my composition, technical skills, etc. See my Photography Challenge for details on [...]

Goals Update: February « Oh Waily Waily said...

[...] Follow through with twelve months of photography challenges. [...]