Sunday, December 02, 2007

My First Award

and I am so proud of it too. :)

YouMakeMeSmileAward

Thank you to Andie for nominating me. I'm glad that you enjoy reading my blog.
Now for the hard part... who to nominate. This always gets me. But at least this time I have managed to move on and read more than one or two blogs. I'm not confident of managing to nominate ten other bloggers, but I will give this a go.

  1. Bruce at Bioneural. He was my inspiration to start blogging and I always enjoy the travel pieces and occasional rant.

  2. Solnushka at Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things. Only the second online blog that I subscribed to and still enjoy.

  3. Around My Kitchen Table. This is a new blog that I have been trying on for size lately, and am enjoying the sense of humour immensely. I have yet to make comment there, so this award will probably come as a surprise.

  4. Michelle at Scribbit. Another new blog on my list. I have been enjoying the food, crafts and family stories over the past month and am slowly working my way through the archives. Great ideas to be had here, and definitely smiles too. Also likely to be a surprise award.


Okay, so that's all I can muster at the moment, at least it is an improvement over the last meme where I could only muster a whopping two blogs. It must be a sign that I need to get out and mingle on the internet more. At least that's the excuse I'm going to use for sitting at the computer for the next little while, studiously ignoring the unpacked piles of boxes directly behind my chair.

Once again - thanks Andie. :D

6 comments:

Michelle at Scribbit said...

Well thank you so much! What a nice surprise this morning.

ohwailywaily said...

Hi Michelle.
You are welcome. I'm glad it was a nice surprise.
I've been enjoying your blog, particularly the recipes and your recommendations of craftspeople's work. I've now seen an awful lot of things I would like to indulge myself in. :)

Solnushka said...

Have been a bit absent lately, which explains why I haven't been round to thank you sooner. Thank you, though. A bit late, but moving fast now.

ohwailywaily said...

Hi Sol,
No problem. It sounds like your life has become very very busy. Are you enjoying the change?

Bruce said...

Just noticed this incoming link; thanks for the nomination.

BTW your blog currently has a bad case of dandruff... oh, wait.... it could be a JavaScript snow effect. You're supposed to be having Xmas season beach BBQs at your end of the globe. How 'bout a nice ray-of-sunshine effect instead for us folk under cold and grey Northern skies, huh?

ohwailywaily said...

Bruce,
You would have to talk to the Northern Hemisphere creators of W.com as they are definitely showing themselves up as seasonalists.
;)
Remarkably for the first year in ages it was dry all day in Jafa-land for the landing of the sleigh.

No BBQ at this household however. The other half likes his roast dinners, and as he doesn't usually get to have them when there are just the two of us, he makes up for it on most festive occasions when we are having visitors. This year it was the humble chook and not his usual first choice of the curly tailed variety. Still, I am not complaining as it is rather nice having a cook in the house who does rather like entertaining and feeding the masses.

As for the dandruff, it leaves us to our own devices on January 2nd.