Sunday, November 11, 2007

New reading material

Being away from home has meant not only access to SkyTV, but also to a mini-library of books too. It's a good place for me to visit. My parents have fairly distinctive taste in reading material which doesn't actually match my own, and they are forever buying new books. This is good. It means that I have the opportunity to try authors I would otherwise pass by on bookshelves elsewhere.

Here's the selection of books for my reading pile so far:

  • Knots and Crosses - Ian Rankin

  • Strip Jack - Ian Rankin

  • The Last Temptation - Val McDermid

  • Kick Back - Val McDermid

  • Warriors of the Dragon Gold - Ray Bryant

  • Vadim - Donald James

  • Samurai William - Giles Milton

  • The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber


All are new writers to me so I am looking forward to seeing if I can find another "must read all their books" author.

I have begun Knots and Crosses and am finding the reading easy going. This is a good thing as my time for reading has shrunk considerably, and my memory seems to have gone with it. Hopefully I will remember enough about each of these books to scribble out a short review once I am done.

No comments: