Thursday, November 20, 2008

Personality

Along with my earlier post indicating that it's time for a shake up and a kick in the pants, I was inspired by seeing an INFJ group doing this year's NaBloPoMo to re-take the online Jung Typology Test over at Humanmetrics.  As it turns out I am one of their kind. If you would like to know what that means, you can see a full description of this type here at Typelogic or take a look at the definition at Wikipedia.

I was mightily impressed to see that amongst other INFJs there were some serious big-wigs:
- Robert Burns
- Mother Teresa
- Carl Jung
- Mohandas Gandhi
- Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Florence Nightingale
- Martin Luther King, Jr
- Michael Landon
- Billy Crystal
- Garry Trudeau
- Nelson Mandela

Wow, what a group.
However, before I get carried away with being amongst these folk I need to confess to being a crap poet, useless with those unfortunate enough to be sick around me, I can't draw and I am terrified of public speaking.
Gee.  Are you sure I belong here?  Should I redo the test?

Actually I did three different tests just to see if they would replicate the result. Two from three said INFJ and the third said ISFJ.  So I'll take it as accurate enough for my purpose - personal entertainment.

So for those who can't be bothered reading the whole profile thing, here are some highlights.

INFJs are:

  • 1–3% of the population

  • likely to prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups.

  • conscientious and value-driven.

  • the people that you can rarely fool any of the time.

  • seekers of meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others.

  • likely to establish close relationships slowly.

  • creative nurturers with a strong sense of personal integrity.

  • intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves.

  • able to intuit others’ emotions and motivations.

  • devoted and loving parents.

  • likely to form strong bonds with their children.

  • firm disciplinarians, particularly when it comes to moral or ethical concerns.


INFJs tend to enjoy:

  • writing;

  • art appreciation;

  • cultural events;

  • reading;

  • socializing in small, intimate settings;

  • playing or listening to music.


So for those of you who know me in the *real world*, does it sound even a teensy bit accurate?

Now it's your turn.  There are plenty of online sites that do these tests for free.  Let's see your results.  Consider this a mini-meme for your own blog, if that suits you best. (I know NaBloPoMo ideas can be a bit scarse on the ground as the month draws to a close.)

2 comments:

On Jeckyll and Hyde. « Verbosity said...

[...] 29, 2008 by Solnushka So Oh Waily did this personality profile thingy over at Humanmetrics, I had a go and here’s what came [...]

More navel gazing « Somewhere in the Middle said...

[...] Oh Waily and Solnushka have been Jung Typology Testing and, having nothing better to do after Strictly finished this evening, I decided to do likewise. [...]