Monday, April 07, 2008

A Question of Death

In keeping with my current need to read small snippets at a time, I have returned to an old favourite... Phryne Fisher.

Her creator, Kerry Greenwood, has a collection of short stories with lovely illustrations and the odd suggestion for recipes appropriate to the era (1928).
It is called A Question of Death.

I can quite happily recommend this for a spot of light reading.

If you are looking for something more modern, but in a similar vein, you could try the Corinna Chapman series by the same author. This may be somewhat more fattening should you take up the recipes offered.

My rating: 4 out of 5.

Very easy reading. Nice setting. Fun heroine.

1 comment:

Goals Update: March (very belated) « Oh Waily Waily said...

[...] managed to squeeze out another book this month, taking the year’s total to: 3 books. Not quite whizzing my way to the 24, but at least I am [...]