Monday, August 13, 2007

Patience is a Virtue

Or so they tell me.

Maybe I'm getting to be a bit more virtuous under the guidance of the youngest member of the OhWaily family. You know, the one who hasn't actually been born yet.

In her defence, her due date was only yesterday, and we all know that small children have an entirely separate system of time and space from the rest of us. And I do know that the 40 week thing is a *guideline*. Still, after 40 weeks things do start to wear thin.

Mr OhWaily would just like to actually meet her, so he is impatient. Personally, I'd like to get more than an hour between bathroom visits at night and perhaps not have heartburn anymore too. But like your mother always told you: "You don't always get everything you want in life." So here I am, semi-patiently waiting for Miss OhWaily's Grand Entrance. I have to wonder if I have made life indoors just too comfortable for her.

Just so you know, I will be away from internet access for a little bit over a week once the Grand Entrance has been staged. After that, who knows when I will have enough matchsticks available to keep my eyes open long enough to type another entry. So, please be patient, I will return and no doubt with a few stories to tell. I promise no gory stories, honest. ;)

3 comments:

Clare said...

No news yet aye! Well good things come to those who wait, so they say. Sure it will be soon.

Sydney was a blast. Whale watching was awesome.

ohwailywaily said...

Hey Clare,

Glad to hear you had a good time in Sydney.
Looking forward to hearing more details when you have time.

Solnushka said...

Time for the spicy food, perhaps?