Friday, June 29, 2007

Blog Value

Do I feel cheap or what?

I was catching up on extremely overdue blog reading tonight when I read through Lorelle's One Year Anniversary Review: Blogging and Blogging Tips and was pointed to this creative use of Technorati.

It turns out that my poor old blog is only worth a measly US$ 1,129.08. Geez am I a cheap read or what?!

If taking a look at these sorts of cute (and informative) applets are something you like to do, take a wander across and enter your blog's URL and see how you do.


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?



Update: Just a quick note that since posting this nifty little thing my blog has appreciated in value. It is now worth a whopping $ 2258.16 as of 19 July 2007.
If only my bank account was able to jump that much, that fast, I'd be a very happy person. :)

Update 2: Checking out my assets today and it turns out that my blog has appreciated in value again.



My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?

3 comments:

Lorelle VanFossen said...

Oh, too funny. I just checked again after a year ignoring this silly thing and my blog is worth $942,217.26. Go figure.

Now what am I going to do with all that money? Huh? Ideas? :D

ohwailywaily said...

Maybe you could list your blog on the stock exchange, since it seems to be gaining value rather faster than most shares do! :D

I'm sure you'd get some investors. Google and Yahoo! seem happy to pay top dollar for online sites, perhaps you could be next. ;)

Weekly Digest: WordCamp, Interviews, 070707, Content Theft, and The Usual « Lorelle on WordPress said...

[...] give you the estimate. Back then, my blog was originally worth $80,729.22 USD in October of 2005. Oh, Waily, Waily reminded me of this and so I checked it out. Today, my blog is worth $942,217.26. Want to help me spend all [...]