Thursday, May 03, 2007

Noah's Ark

This is the latest project into my life (as though I didn't have enough to be doing at the moment).
It is Teresa Wentzler's Noah's Ark.

I am hoping to alter it to become something of a birth sampler for Miss OhWailyWaily when she makes her debut appearance.
So far I have done this much of it...

Noah's Ark - 1 May 2007

And I keep thinking that I will have a few spare hours to spend on it, then find I have reading to do (schoolwork - yuk), an assignment to do, housework that needs to be addressed or some sleep to catch up on. And if I was to be brutally honest with you, about the only one of those alternative activities getting serious attention is the sleeping.

I guess there is always the idea that it can't be finished until she actually arrives anyway. I think that excuse might get a bit of mileage over the next little while. I'll keep you posted on progress or lack thereof.

3 comments:

Marc said...

Here is someone else's Noahs Ark Project....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6604879.stm
Slightly larger scale :)

ohwailywaily said...

My goodness that is huge.
This man clearly had far too much time on his hands.

It is an amazing feat and helps bring a bit of scale and reality to the biblical description of the ark.
Loved the life-size elephants in the background too.
Thanks for the link Marc!

Noah’s Ark - July Progress « Oh Waily Waily said...

[...] is a reminder of what it was like in May, and below is what it now looks [...]