Thursday, January 11, 2007

Christmas 'Miss'-ives

For those of you who were beginning to wonder if I had been abducted by aliens, please feel reassured that this has not been the case.

As it turns out, I just had a great month of doing nothing. Unfortunately that extended to not sending out the obligatory greetings and merry messages. :(
On the one hand I could take the pious road and suggest that I simply wasn't willing to pander to the excesses of consumerism that the Christmas season is now espousing. But you all know better.
And knowing my karmic potential, the soap box would be whipped out from under my metaphorical feet and there on the ground I'd lie, limbs splayed out at all angles; humbled, winded and looking like an abandoned Raggedy Ann doll.
Damn that karmic law, I'll have to come clean with the truth. My only excuse is denial and avoidance. (Not of you, but of the fact that it was finally Christmas!)
My last Christmas gift was purchased on the Saturday before the big day... that should give you some idea of how organised and on to it I am at this time of year. So to all those who ought to have received a missive wishing glad tidings, happy events and all sorts of good things for the holiday seasons please accept my apologies for being a slacker.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that the truth is better than the soap box?

Belatedly...

Merry Christmas


and a


Happy New Year !


 



Love,
Me.

No comments: