Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Who Moved My Cheese?

Who Moved My Cheese?
I've just finished reading this nifty little book by Spencer Johnson M.D. and can recommend it for a little bit of light reading.

It is a business and life parable involving two mice and two littlepeople.
It is a simple story that reflects on many humans dislike of change and the fear that promotes "stick-in-the-mudness".
I have to say that I have read much better written parables that have a similar intention of highlighting areas where our emotions create difficulties for us in life, but not one directed solely to the fear of change. I found this one less lively and buoyant in tone. It felt flat and lacked the upbeat writing style of say, Fish, Fish Sticks or Gung Ho!

The concepts (or "The Handwriting on the Wall") are good, but could have been presented in a more pleasing format.

On the whole, a 2 out of 5 rating.
Reading SmileyReading Smiley

No comments: